|Location|| ||198 E 121 STREET|
New York, NY 10035
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Case Management, Care Coordination, Midtown Manhattan|
|Industry|| ||Social Services, Mental Health, Counseling|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
The Case Manager at the Prince George will carry a caseload of between 25- 30 clients. The Case Manager is responsible to provide direct services to each individual including but not limited to:
1. Using a Person Centered approach to helping the clients on your caseload set goals, identify interests, and address concerns,
2. Help the client to identify Interest and involvement in employment, education, volunteering, and other adult role activities,
3. Be a source of support in a non-judgmental manner,
4. Help your clients to identify postivie ways of spending time,
5. Help your clients to understand and proactively address diagnosis (medical, psychiatric, substance abuse),
6. Utilize psycho-educational techniquest to help clients understand, adhere to, and advocate with their providers medication regimens.
7. Regularly assess for risk factors for violence against self or others,
8. Utlizing the cleint's psychosocial history, in order to best understand them and provide strategic interventions and services.
9. Regularly coordinate care with all collateral contacts.
Assist some clients with the self-administration of medication as necessary, including:
1. Following agency policies and procedures,
2. Proactively identifying and resolving or reporting problems,
3. Helping people move towards greater independence managing their medication.
Anticipate, prevent, and respond to crises, by:
1. Working with the client to identify and resolve factors that may lead to a crisis,
2. Recognizing as early as possible when a client is in crisis or moving into one, and intervening as rapidly as possible to address the situation, including working to join with the client in identifying and addressing it and engaging other supports as necessary,
3. Using as person centered an approach as possible,
4. Informing supervisory staff and requesting necessary assistance as early as practical.
We work closely together as a team of 24 professionals in order to help our clients live as independently and happily as possible. Staff at the Prince George and CUCS as a whole get to partake in learning from one another in an inter-disciplinary team environment. We have an on-site Primary Care Physician as well as a Psychiatrist who do regular in-service trainings for staff. CUCS also offers a very robust initial training program including topics such as Person Centered Service Planning, Motivational Interviewing, DSM Diagnostic Criteria, etc.
Due to our funding requirements we may only consider applicants for the Case Management position:
- That have a Four Year College degree OR
- Candidates who have a High School Diploma and 4 years of related Social Services experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document. Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind