|Location|| ||198 E 121 STREET|
New York, NY 10035
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Social Work, Mental Health|
|Industry|| ||Supported Housing, Social Services|
Site Intro and Description:
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Social Worker at The Times Square, an acclaimed supportive housing residence. The Times Square is the largest supportive housing residence in the US and provides permanent affordable housing and supportive services for 652 low-income and formerly homeless individuals including many with a history of substance abuse, physical and psychiatric disabilities and HIV.
This position provides a full range of clinical services to tenants, assisting in program planning, development, and implementation of group services with particular emphasis on mental health, chemical dependency, and services to people living with HIV/AIDS. This position works closely with the Clinical Coordinator to ensure the effectiveness of the core services team.
Please disregard the Job Location in the system. The position is located at:
255 West 43rd Street,
NY NY 10036
- MSW required, LMSW preferred
- CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire
- Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encouraged to apply.
- Excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team.
- Computer literacy required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document. Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind