|Location|| ||630 FLORENCE AVE|
Owatonna, MN 55060
|Base Pay|| ||$26.64-$33.63 / Month|
|Employee Type|| ||Full-Time Non-Exempt|
|Required Degree|| ||2 Year Degree|
|Name|| ||Steele County Human Resources - Sara David|
Application Deadline: 5:00pm, Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
RN/Public Health Nurse Hiring Range: $26.64 - $33.63 per hour
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing and guidance from the Adult/Family Health Lead, the Public Health Nurse represents a broad classification of professional public health positions who are responsible for improving the health of individuals, families, groups and the community by providing skilled nursing services; providing various health education and promotions; fostering and assisting clients to recognize, accept and adapt to health care needs and issues; providing nursing care assessment and health care plans; collaborating and working with other care providers, care professionals or community services in coordinating client care/services; implementing and conducting various community health screenings/testing/immunization clinics/services; and for assisting in the response to disease outbreaks and/or emergency preparedness events. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs and conducts various health assessments to determine health care and delivery plans, health screenings, living situations and assesses the health and nutrition status of WIC participants.
- Provides direct nursing care interventions and/or services to clients in their homes and or clinics prescribing treatments and/or procedures for clients with acute or chronic illnesses.
- Participates in immunization and vaccination clinics.
- Develops, revises and implements care plans. Assists in the development of program guidelines and procedures.
- Conducts public health education services and activities around nutrition, parenting, child development.
- Counsels pregnant mothers regarding pregnancy, labor, delivery and after delivery care.
- Serves as an internal consultant assisting the department coordinates and formulate program protocols and procedures to include such examples as:
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation to comply with data, practices act and HIPAA and to maintain client and record confidentiality. Updates and maintains other health data, assessments, care plans, records and information in accordance with department procedures and policies.
- Determine eligibility for public health program and services for WIC and other various programs through state and local agencies.
- Participates in providing public health and nursing services in the event of major disease outbreaks and/or other emergency preparedness events.
- Performs other duties of a comparable level or type, as required.
- Keeps abreast of changing legislation, trends, policies, and developments in areas of responsibility.
Participates in and/or serves on various multidisciplinary committees or local community involvement groups, as appropriate.
Requires current Minnesota RN licensure, valid driver’s license, knowledge of public health principles, and excellent oral and written communication skills. Bachelor’s degree with PHN certification and professional experience in home or community-based settings is preferred.