|Location|| ||630 FLORENCE AVE|
Owatonna, MN 55060
|Base Pay|| ||$13.00-$16.50 / Hour|
|Employee Type|| ||Part-Time Non-Exempt|
|Required Degree|| ||High School|
|Name|| ||Steele County Human Resources|
- Basics of personal hygiene and health care.
- Basics of food nutrition.
- Basic housekeeping procedures.
- Using equipment and appliances such as ovens, stoves, vacuum cleaners, washing machines, and dryers.
- Assisting people with personal care as set forth in care plans.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Listening, developing client rapport and providing emotional support.
- Observing changes in mental and physical condition.
- Recording basic information in client charts.
- Following directions and care plans.
- Assisting with ambulating and range of motion exercises.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Physical Job Requirements (Percentage of Time)
- Stand: Continuously (66-100%)
- Walk: Continuously (66-100%)
- Sit: Occasionally (1-33%)
- Use of hands: Continuously (66-100%)
- Reach with hands & arms: Continuously (66-100%)
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: Frequently (34-66%)
- Talk or hear: Frequently (34-66%)
- Taste or smell: Never
- Lift & carry: up to 25 pounds continuously (66-100%), up to 50 pounds occaisionally (1-33%)
Incumbents may be subjected to odors, dusts, blood, body fluids, chemicals, inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, travel, exposure to contagious diseases, public contact involving conflict, and work activities requiring constant precautions and safety considerations.
This description is intended to describe the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty being performed by people assigned to this classification. The list of responsibilities is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
No previous experience required
- Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide
- Requires ongoing continuous education to maintain certification
Part-Time Position: Up to 14 hours/week
Apply by 5pm on October 14th, 2019
Steele County Public Health is sourcing for the position of Home Health Aide/Homemaker. In this position you have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others by preparing meals, grocery shopping, performing basic housekeeping, providing personal care and assisting in exercise care plan activities.
Client visits occur Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm…no nights or weekends. If you have a desire to help others and would like to supplement your current income, consider applying. Our flexibility can work with almost anyone’s schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides safe personal care assistance to clients of the Public Health Nursing service to include: helping with personal hygiene such as bathing, skin care, care of hair and fingernails, transferring, ambulation, feeding, oral hygiene, helping with toileting and dressing.
- Assists clients with range of motion or exercise care plan activities.
- Performs basic housekeeping duties which includes: cleaning kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms by dusting, mopping, and vacuuming; doing laundry; removing trash; teaching homemaking skills; and performing essential errands for the client.
- Ensures that clients’ nutritional needs are met by preparing meals, assisting with eating, and grocery shopping. Teaches homemaking skills and performs other errands for clients in accordance with client care plan. Assists clients with meal planning and preparation. Runs errands for clients if detailed in care plan.
- Providing emotional support to clients by listening to what they say and providing encouragement when they face problems.
- Reports and observes the client’s physical and mental state for any adverse changes and reports changes to appropriate staff
- Completes all paperwork related to client visits including logging the client’s activities and logging time worked and mileage traveled for payroll and expense reimbursement purposes.
- Performs other duties of a comparable level or type, as required.
- Attends training sessions, as needed.
- Participates in emergency preparedness events and activities, as assigned.