|Location|| ||630 FLORENCE AVE|
Owatonna, MN 55060
|Base Pay|| ||$24.20-$33.89 / Hour|
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt|
|Minimum Experience|| ||5 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||High School|
|Name|| ||Steele County Human Resources|
Full Time Executive Assistant
Hiring Range: $24.20 - $33.89 per hour
Application Deadline: 5:00pm, Wednesday, October 16th, 2019.
The County Administrator is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for implementation/maintenance of agenda-maker & workflow manager software, web page management, intranet development/management, LEAN coordination, creation of graphs, documents, power points, tracking forms, etc. This position will also serve as a central resource person to other Directors/Department Heads as well as agency staff. The position requires a high level of confidentiality, skillful communications, project management, initiative, and people skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Serves as Assistant to the County Administrator
- Prepares and completes Administrator confidential correspondences
- Serves as liaison between County departments, community groups and other levels of government
- Creates, analyzes and uses confidential data to assist with collective bargaining
- Prepares reports, meeting notices, agendas and other special projects
- Responds to routine inquiries regarding County operations and programs
- Coordinate, schedule and prepare space for meetings/training sessions
- Maintains and handles Administrator’s phone calls and calendar
In conjunction with County Auditor, assists Administrator in managing County contract process
Serves as central resource person for other managers and within county for coordination of activities
- Handles consumer/public complaints and difficult questions in professional manner either in person or via phone
- Keeps updated on Data Practices Act and county policy to ensure compliance
- Conducts vendor searches, research and recommend/select vendors
Coordinates the development and publishing of County Newsletter, website and social media platforms
Manages all property insurance claims and assets
- Maintains insurance schedule and asset inventory
- Coordinates submission of claims by determining claims to be filed and processing necessary information
Leads and coordinates county-wide process improvement initiatives (LEAN)
- Develop, analyze and evaluate information to assist departments in continuously improving processes and services
- Lead and conduct process improvement events
- Assist in development and implementation of action plans and conducts follow ups
Information and Technology
- Uses software to create presentation materials, brochures, pamphlets, booklets, posters, and cards for agency services
- PowerPoint for administrative presentations
- Processes county mail
Revision of existing policies and procedures
Performs other duties as necessary
- A high school diploma or GED
- Five years related experience, preferably in the public sector
- Post-secondary degree preferred (in business, communications, secretarial, or closely related field).
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to demonstrate the ability to perform the work is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Oral and written communications.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, department heads, officials, and the public.
- Drafting, designing, coordinating the production and/or distribution of newsletters, flyers, brochures, news releases, or other departmental/county materials.
- Coordinating, scheduling and making arrangements for meetings, seminars, training sessions, conferences, etc.
- Prioritizing and organizing work projects and assignments appropriately to meet deadlines.
- Following written and oral instruction and completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Operating and using computers, business software, spreadsheet programs or databases.
- Maintaining and updating departmental files and records in accordance with sound data management practices and fundamentals.
Steele County government is dedicated to delivering effective, efficient, respectful public service with integrity and accountability using both proven and innovative methods. Steele County has a strong and dedicated work force who take great pride in providing services to the community.