|Location|| ||7921 ACC Boulevard|
Raleigh, NC 27617
|Employee Type|| ||Regular Full-Time|
|Job Category|| ||Clinical Director/Director of Nursing|
|Industry|| ||Healthcare |
|Name|| ||Christine A. Washick |
Position: Clinical Director/Director of Nursing
Status: Full-Time/ Exempt Position
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm
The Clinical Director, in collaboration with the Administrator/Quality Manger, is responsible for leading day-to-day operations to facilitate organizational success related to clinical strategic goals and objectives in accordance with sound general management principles, regulatory and accreditation standards, and the facility mission, vision and values. Daily operations include but not limited to: Operating Rooms, Sterile Processing Department, Pre-operative, Post-operative, and Pre-anesthesia testing. Administrative responsibilities include cost awareness, staffing, scheduling, Education and Evaluation of facility policies and procedures, and the overall function of the daily operations. Participates as an active staff member as needed based on daily needs of the center. Plans, coordinates, and directs nursing care and all related activities of the facility in compliance with local, state, federal regulatory requirements and standards established by the facilities accrediting body. Responsible to assist with administrative task related to Risk Management, Infection Control, Employee Health, Performance Improvement, and Clinical Recruitment/Retention. Assists in the development and implementation of the facility policies and procedures and supports the Center's Mission, Vision and Values in providing Quality Patient Care. In conjunction with the Administrator/Quality Manager, the Clinical Director shall assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of policies and procedures, which assure that cost effective, safe and high quality care is implemented.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to work independently and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and take on new responsibilities.
- Able to make sound reasonable decisions.
- Highly organized with ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative.
- Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful situations with tact.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers and staff.
- Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates eligibility of employment in the U.S.
- Graduate of approved school of professional nursing with current and valid licensure with the NC State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Must be able to communicate and understand the English language both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and AAAHC regulations and standards related to healthcare.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in ambulatory surgery including operating room or PACU R.N.
- Advanced educational preparation, with BSN desirable or equivalent certification and experience.
- CNOR, CAPA, or CPAN certification desirable.
- Certification in ACLS and PALS required.
- Membership and participation in professional organization recommended.
- Basic computer knowledge.