|Location|| ||120 William Penn Plaza|
Durham, NC 27704
|Employee Type|| ||Regular Full-Time|
|Job Category|| ||Athletic Trainer Certified|
|Name|| ||Brandon Sherrell|
Position: Athletic Trainer Certified
Location: Local High School, PT clinic as needed – location/s varies
- Establish an effective athletic training program for athletics.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and organize time by completing work within assigned events.
- Maintains awareness of current policies and procedures.
- Provide 1st aid and injury assessment/treatment/rehabilitation/reconditioning for athletes.
- Responsible for making appropriate physician referral.
- Verifies physician order in accordance with established athletic health care policy.
- Coordinate the annual required athletic physicals and supervise the clearance of injured athletes prior to and during the sport seasons.
- Schedules athlete treatment and/or other intervention as necessary and established.
- Presentation of educational programs for the healthy and injured athletes.(i.e., alcohol and other drug abuse, performance anxiety)
- Maintain a line of communication with the team physician(s) regarding athletic health care and recommended treatment/rehabilitation for all athletic injuries.
- Assist coaching staff in evaluating and implementing sport specific conditioning programs and methods.
- Maintain an effective and efficient athletic training room.
- File all necessary reports associated with athletic injuries and/or incidents.
- Maintain a daily treatment log.
- Oversee the ordering of supplies and equipment pertaining to the athletic training room and maintain an up to date inventory. Provide the Director with an annual budget for supplies and equipment.
- Create a safe environment by monitoring and controlling environmental risks
- Accepts additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Maintain current certification and continuing education requirements as set forth by the Board of Certification
- Maintain current state licensure in accordance with the North Carolina Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners
- Maintain current certification in CPR/Emergency Cardiac Care.
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with stressful situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, providers, and patients.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.