|Location|| ||915 Tate Blvd SE, Ste190|
Hickory, NC 28602
|Job Category|| ||Cert Professional Coder|
|Name|| ||Christina Little|
Position: Certified Professional Coder
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (1hour lunch)
Date Posted: December 7, 2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Codes hospital outpatient/inpatient procedures by reviewing the operative report and identifying all appropriate CPT, ICD and HCPCS codes to charge.
- Attaches appropriate modifiers to procedures based on documentation and to achieve optimal reimbursement.
- Responsible for reviewing and accurately entering all daily office charges for multiple locations/providers.
- Must have thorough knowledge of appropriate modifier use.
- Must be able to review documentation to ensure all codes being charged are appropriate.
- Assists EO staff members with coding questions and issues.
- Responsible for reviewing all Pain Management charges to ensure proper coding and timely payment.
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to patient medical records.
- Participates in professional development class in order to maintain the required certification.
- All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Professional certification through AAPC or AHIMA required.
- Ability to gather and interpret information to accurately assign procedure and diagnosis codes to patient services.
- Assists A/R staff with troubleshooting claims and coding issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail driven professional with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities for maximum efficiency.