|Location|| ||505 MAIN STREET|
NORTHPORT, NY 11768
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt Full-Time|
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides Personal Care to VNSHS Patients as evidenced by:
· Follows the Home Health Aide/ Hospice Aide care plan and ensures that personal care is provided at each visit.
· Utilization of appropriate body mechanic while performing duties.
· Appropriate use of Infection Control practices.
· Performs HEP and other health related tasks as indicated on the care plan.
· Performs home management assistance as indicated on the care plan.
2. Demonstrates Timely and Effective Communication Skills as evidenced by:
· Reports any change in patient condition to the appropriate manager.
· Communicates with the aide department with any questions regarding patient care and adheres to the Home health Aide Scope of Tasks for NY State.
· Cooperates with the Aide Department in scheduling of assignments and reports changes timely.
· Seeks approval of manager for planned and unplanned time off.
· Effective use of TigerText and CellTrak messaging.
3. Effective use of CellTrak device to log time worked.
4. Completes the Annual Competencies and performs at least 12 hours of in-service per calendar year.
5. Demonstrates Commitment to VNSHS as evidenced by:
· Represents the agency in an appropriate manner and follows the uniform policy.
· Supports and Promotes the Mission of VNSHS.
· Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
6. Employee adheres to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
Aides will not provide services that they are not familiar with nor will they perform a service for the patient that is not in the care plan established by the VNSHS Nurse.
- Home Health Aide Certificate.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Current NYS Driver's License.
- Ability to work well with others and accept direction.
- Physical agility in the form of being able to ambulate, drive a motor vehicle, and negotiate stairs. Vision acuity correctable to normal with normal color perception. Hearing acuity correctable to normal. Acute sense of smell for normal perception. Ability to verbalize so that the average person can comprehend.