|Location|| ||505 MAIN STREET|
NORTHPORT, NY 11768
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt Full-Time|
|Job Category|| ||LPN|
|Industry|| ||Home Care|
The Licensed Practical Nurse Staff will provide skilled service, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, following the LPN Practice Act.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides skilled services to VNSHS patients, under the direction of the RN, as evidenced by:
- Adherence to infection control practices and agency policies and procedures
- Use of chronic disease management and health promotion strategies
- Use of motivational interviewing techniques
- Use of telehealth
- Demonstration of observation, measurement, recording and reporting indications of the patient’s health status, medication administration and performance of direct patient care
2. Demonstrates effective and timely communication as evidenced by effective use of voice mail and e-mail.
3. Demonstrates timely documentation as evidenced by:
- Use of the computer in the home
- Notes are locked and synchronized for processing within 24 hours of visit
- Timely submission of requests for insurance authorization when directed by the RN case manager
- Clear documentation of client’s progress towards goals and response to interventions
4. Functions as a weekend and holiday staff back up.
5. Demonstrates commitment to their team and VNSHS as evidenced by:
- Supports and promotes the mission of VNSHS
- Represents the agency in a professional manner and follows the uniform policy
- Flexibility in scheduling with a focus on meeting patient needs
- Participation in continuing education (minimum of 3 hours per calendar year), attending annual competency and all mandatory in-services
- Attendance at team meetings
6. Employee adheres to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
7. Other duties as assigned.
- New York State License and current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Able to comply with the New YorkState regulatory requirements to provide patient care.
- Able to comply with all VNSHS policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
- Previous experience as an LPN.
- Ability to function as an LPN, under the direction of a Registered Nurse and to work well with others.
- Physical agility in the form of being able to ambulate, drive a motor vehicle, and negotiate stairs. Vision acuity correctable to normal with normal color perception. Hearing acuity correctable to normal. Acute sense of smell for normal perception. Ability to verbalize so that the average person can comprehend.