|Location|| ||55500 DOT Road|
Pueblo, CO 81001
|Relocation Expense Covered|| ||Yes|
|Employee Type|| ||Full Time Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Bureau of Explosives, BOE, Auditor|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
The incumbent is responsible for recommending initial certification, recertification, or continued certification based on detailed objective evidence reports. The incumbent must maintain a comprehensive understanding of the AAR MSRP M-1002, AAR MSRP M-1003, and 49 CFR Parts 171-180. The incumbent must have the ability to write detailed technical reports.
The incumbent must have the ability to communicate promptly when issues arise, and is expected to raise concerns to the GM of the BOE and AAR staff when necessary. This position requires traveling an estimated 40 weeks per year.
The incumbent must complete the following within one (1) year of hiring and maintain thereafter:
- Obtain AAR M-1003 Quality Assurance Auditor certification which includes performing Quality Assurance Audits of Tank Car Facilities and preparing the required report.
- Obtain AAR M-1002 Inspector Certification which includes performing Technical Inspections of Tank Car Facilities and preparing the required report.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related filed and two (2) years railroad related experience involving quality system audits or six (6) years of related experience involving quality system audit and quality assurance responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Two (2) years of public speaking and/or training/instruction experience required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of email software and Microsoft Office software.
- Must have the ability to adapt to technological programs and devices. Incumbent must have a basic knowledge of 49 CFR Parts 171-180, AAR MSRP M-1002, AR MSRP M-1003, and AAR Office and Field Manuals.
This position requires the ability to read and interpret data, ability to walk in an industrial and/or railroad environment, including uneven surfaces such as ballast. Requires walking, standing, bending, and sitting, with ability to lift 30-50 lbs. and work in adverse weather conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree with four (4) years of working knowledge in railroad related experience involving quality auditing responsibilities.
- Five (5) years auditing quality systems experience
- Three (3) years formal instruction experience
- In depth knowledge of 49 CFR parts 171-180, and the AAR Manual of Standards & Recommended Practices