|Location|| ||55500 DOT Road|
Pueblo, CO 81001
|Employee Type|| ||Full-Time|
|Job Category|| ||Economics|
|Minimum Experience|| ||2 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
As directed by the Manager I, Economics Analysis, the Economist I will perform any or all tasks required by the both the Locomotive Repair Billing Committee and the Car Repair Billing Committee, including but not limited to: conduct quarterly price survey, update pricing formulas to comply with AAR Committee rule changes, maintain the time standards used in Locomotive and/or Car Repair Billing, and conduct the annual overhead study. In addition, the Economist I will assist in performing the post audit “look back” described by the AAR Cost Benefit Analysis Procedure. All analyses should be precise, accurate, correct, and strictly follow the written guidelines.
Principle duties include:
Assist in performing CBA for AAR Technical Committee rule, standard and/or specification changes as described in the AAR Office Manual
- Performance of CBA for Strategic Research Program
- Assist in performing Post Audits as described by the AAR Cost Benefit Procedure
- Assist in conducting Locomotive and Car Repair Billing tasks
- Quarter price survey
- Update pricing formulas
- Maintain time standards
- Ensure that all work is archived in accordance with policy and procedure. It is essential that all final documents and supporting documentation are retrievable as required.
- Attend AAR Committee meetings as needed
B.S. degree in engineering, mathematics or economics. A minimum of two (2) years of experience in railroad financial analysis or similar fields such as industrial engineering, research, testing, and project management. Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to manage workload with minimal direct supervision.
Must possess highly proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, use of database tools, and have computer programming experience in a high-level language. Demonstrated ability to use a computer to access and keep committee records using database programs or Microsoft Office programs.
Must be fully committed to safety, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement, with demonstrated history of performing duties in a safe manner. Travel requirements will range from 10% to 20%.
Must have excellent organizational skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; and a demonstrated aptitude for interacting with people at all levels of management.
Requires ability to read, interpret data, follow instruction and work with a computer.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the following are preferred.
- M.S. Degree
- Experience and working knowledge with AAR Interchange Rules
- Experience and working knowledge with AAR Committee Process
- Experience and working knowledge of the following:
- Railroad operations and maintenance
- AAR Billing
- AAR Office Manual
- Statistical analysis, including use of tools such SAS