|Location|| ||55500 DOT Road|
Pueblo, CO 81001
|Employee Type|| ||Full-Time|
|Job Category|| ||Engineering|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
Provide professional engineering and scientific services to internal and external customers as directed by the Vice President of Engineering Services.
- Leadership and project management for projects involving multi-body dynamics, rail vehicle dynamics, vehicle-track interaction, wheel-rail contact, and longitudinal train action.
- Oversee and lead mathematical modeling/simulations, laboratory and field-testing, including preparing proposals, analysis plans and test plans, data analysis, and report writing.
- Provide direction to the teams of engineers and technicians performing the work as necessary.
- Provide advice and support to AAR committees on issues related to rail vehicle dynamics and vehicle-track interaction.
- Depending on project requirements, travel both domestic and international may be required.
Bachelors of Science (BS) degree in Engineering and at least fifteen years of experience applying engineering principles, or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Must be able to demonstrate good analytical capability and have significant experience using recognized multi-body dynamics and/or vehicle-track interaction simulation software packages, and modeling of dynamic systems. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated experience with writing technical reports and project management. Must have knowledge/experience in design of experiments, conducting tests, data collection methods, data analysis methods, authoring technical papers/reports, and making technical presentations. Ability to read and interpret data, and ability to walk in an industrial and/or railroad environment, including uneven surfaces, such as ballast.
20+ years of experience in the Railroad Industry. Demonstrated experience with analysis and testing of wheel/rail contact mechanics and/or rail vehicle dynamics. Proficient in the use of rail vehicle/track interaction software such as NUCARS®, Simpack, or Vampire®. Demonstrated experience in Finite Element analysis of truck components, wheels and axles. Demonstrated experience in evaluating rail vehicle performance through simulations and testing. Experience in interacting with customers, AAR committees, and suppliers. Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Solidworks, Minitab, and MS-Office software. Proficient in the application of statistical analysis methods. Demonstrable project management skills.