|Location|| ||1981 MARCUS AVE STE 100|
New Hyde Park, NY 11042
|Employee Type|| ||Full-Time|
Are you an experienced nurse ready to apply your exceptional skills as an integral part of a thriving, fast-paced MLTC company? If working with our members as a Care Manager from the comfort of our brand new office interests you, please read on…
Integra Managed Care is at the forefront of New York’s MLTC program. We currently serve Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester. Named as one of the “Fastest Growing NY-Based MLTC in 2017”, Integra provides care for adults living with long-term disabilities. Our goal is to help our members live safely and independently in the comfort of their own home. Integra’s Care Management team consists of Medical Social Workers, Member Care Representatives, and you – our valued Care Managers, who assure continuity for our members in the delivery and coordination of services.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and updating an individualized care plan based on a comprehensive assessment of each member, while consulting with the member, their family/caregiver, and the assessment nurse.
The Care Manager is an integral part of Integra's Care Management Team. The Care Manager works in conjunction with the medical social worker, and a service coordinator. All members of the care management team interact with the member, thereby assuring continuity for the member in the delivery and coordination of services.
- Develops and updates individualized care plan based on comprehensive assessment of members in consultation with the member and family/caregiver and the assessment nurse;
- Implements the care plan and authorizes/arranges for delivery of covered services consistent with the care plan;
- Conducts ongoing communication and collaboration with member, family caregiver, or member's designated representative, as well as with member's PCP and other significant health care providers;
- Monitors provision of services by Integra' s network providers to ensure they are appropriate and in accordance with the member's care plan;
- Conducts ongoing monitoring of member's health, safety, and functional status, and progress towards established goals;
- Provides coordination of care transitions, including discharge and transition planning from hospital or nursing homes;
- Determines member eligibility for Integra's program and quality initiatives including diabetes management program, falls prevention program, etc.
- Facilitates establishment of Advance Care Planning and assuring appropriate administration of the member's Health Care Proxy.
- Reviews member's medical status and issues, identifying follow up issues;
- Serves as primary contact with member's PCP or specialist physicians as well as member's long term care service providers;
- Monitors member's medication adherence;
- Counsels member on his/her medical condition and provides education/coaching on self- management or care giving by family members;
- Conducts monthly outreach to member to check on member's status;
- Updates member case records.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and Improvement activities as directed by Director of Care Management
- Other duties as assigned by the Care Management Supervisor and/or the Director of Care Management.
- NYS license and current registration as a registered nurse;
- Minimum of one year experience in clinical practice, case management, care management or home care;
- Experience in managed care and/or care management preferred;
- Experience with geriatric population preferred.
- Preferred qualifications for a Care Manager include a Bachelor's or Master's degree in health, human or education services and one year of care management experience.
- Type 40 wpm
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Integra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. Integra is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Integra are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Integra will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Integra encourages applicants of all ages.
If this opportunity sounds exciting and challenging to you, please click “Apply” now!