|Location|| ||1981 MARCUS AVE STE 100|
New Hyde Park, NY 11042
|Employee Type|| ||Full-Time|
Are you an experienced Licensed Medical Social Worker ready to apply your exceptional skills as an integral part of a thriving, fast-paced MLTC company? If working with our members as a Social Worker from the comfort of our brand new office interests you, please read on…
Integra Managed Care is at the forefront of New York’s MLTC program. We currently serve Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester. Named as one of the “Fastest Growing NY-Based MLTC in 2017”, Integra provides care for adults living with long-term disabilities. Our goal is to help our members live safely and independently in the comfort of their own home. Integra’s Care Management team consists of Care Managers, Member Care Representatives, and you – our valued Social Workers, who assure continuity for our members in the delivery and coordination of services.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and updating an individualized care plan based on a comprehensive assessment of each member, while consulting with the member, their family/caregiver, and the assessment nurse.
The Medical Social Worker (MSW) is an integral part of the Care Management Team. The MSW works in conjunction with the care manager (registered nurse), and a service coordinator. All members of the care management team interact with the member, thereby assuring continuity for the member in the delivery and coordination of services. A care management supervisor will support the care management team on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews member’s psychosocial and environmental status;
- Follows up on member’s social, family, psychological, and behavioral issues;
- Serves as primary contact with member’s behavioral health service providers;
- Identifies and facilitates access to community resources;
- Counsels the member on social service issues and provides education/coaching on self management or care giving by family members
- Assist the member to obtain other entitlements.
- Develop, facilitate access to services, and partner with community resources to address the needs of assigned members
- Develop and facilitate services that provide education, screening, and advanced assessments for assigned members throughout the continuum of care
- Consult with other community agencies and committees to identify potential resources for resolving clients health, psychosocial, or financial problems
- Function as a liaison to external agencies and shares information to others, which may impact care and/or services of members; including social day programs.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned. (i.e., disaster relief and other community based promotion activities.)
- Collaborate with patient, caregivers, physicians, and other providers to develop a comprehensive plan of care
- Assists in implementation of care plans as necessary, particularly for members with cognitive, behavioral, and/or other social issues
- Effectively communicate care plans and other client-related activities both verbally and in writing to appropriate personnel and agencies
- Communicate with physicians and other health care team members regarding necessary changes to care plan that promote optimal medical, social, and behavior performance
- Coordinate and develop educational opportunities/programs related to assigned members for a variety of stakeholders (i.e., the healthcare system, community, employers, health departments, members and their families)
- Develop and conduct educational opportunities/programs that promote best practice in the management of various populations
- Coordinate primary and secondary prevention opportunities that promote early identification and intervention for various at risk populations (i.e., depression)
- Provide leadership in population based health improvement
- Assist in development of strategic long range plans in the area of specialization
- Maintain and advance knowledge and skills in areas of specialization
- Utilize advanced assessments to evaluate and communicate effectiveness of comprehensive plan of care
- Promote and participate in quality improvement (QI) activities through data analysis and collection.
- Change practice behavior as a result of data
- As a member of CMT, may also participate in, or perform the following functions; identify, address and report quality issues.
- NYS license and current registration as LMSW;
- Minimum of two years of experience in clinical practice; in direct client care to acute and chronically ill clients in outpatient and inpatient settings
- Experience in managed care and/or care management;
- Experience with geriatric population or long term care services;
- Evidence of progressive leadership and advanced teaching and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Medicaid entitlements and eligibility requirements
- Demonstrated ability to use teaching, learning, and counseling skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide service appropriate to the age of the patient
Integra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. Integra is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Integra are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Integra will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Integra encourages applicants of all ages.
If this opportunity sounds exciting and challenging to you, please click “Apply” now!