|Location|| ||5085 Northeast 17th Street|
Des Moines, IA 50313
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt FT|
|Minimum Experience|| ||2 Years|
|Maximum Experience|| ||5 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
The Assistant Art Director guides execution for our clients from concept to completion. The Assistant Art Director collaborates with other departments through clear workflows and open communication. The successful candidate will be mindful of publishing, food, and typography trends while keeping execution accessible and friendly for the reader.
Essential Job Functions:
- Concept, plan, and execute design for a wide range of clients.
- Assist the Art Director with managing process, budget, and production of all assigned work.
- Collaborate with photographers, illustrators, and videographers to develop and execute dynamic and engaging content.
- Have exceptional typography and composition skills.
- Ability to communicate vision and concepts to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate with freelancers.
- Capable of mentoring junior design staff and providing direction when needed.
BA with related degree
2+ years of experience in an agency setting.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in all major design tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Outstanding organization and communication skills are a must.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet multiple deadlines.
- 2+ years assistant art direction. Experience interacting with clients preferred.
- Experience with videography and photography is highly preferred.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must provide samples of previous work with resume. Prior to hiring the successful candidate will agree to drug screening and background check.
The Mittera Group is committed to providing a tobacco free workplace. EEO.
Payroll direct deposit is required.