|Location|| ||5085 NE 17th Street|
Des Moines, IA 50313
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt FT|
|Minimum Experience|| ||2 Years|
|Maximum Experience|| ||5 Years|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
The IT Support Specialist maintains computer equipment and services utilized by all employees and operations of the organization, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide first-level support to support desk issues and service requests.
- Utilize remote tools or face-to-face presence to respond to user requests for assistance with software, hardware, or networking issues.
- Configure and deploy computers and other hardware for new employees or to replace outdated equipment by installing and configuring appropriate software and network access.
- Maintain up-to-date user directories for users of various network applications.
- Work with vendors to identify and address software/hardware/network issues reported by end users.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have an Associate's Degree, specialized training, or equivalent work experience.
- Possess strong support and technical experience in Windows 7+ environments along with Mac experience preferred.
- Be able to read and interpret documents, write employee communications and business correspondence, speak and present effectively to a group, and communicate with a broad range of audiences.
- Have the ability to explain technical problems and solutions clearly to all end users required.
- Possess strong analytical skills and be able to solve problems with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
- Be a self-starter and be able to work effectievly and efficiently without supervision while utilizing time management and multi-tasking skills